I am yet to meet a child who doesn’t like slime! I’ve tried out this simple recipe from one our Messy Play experts Amy, and can confirm both my toddler and 6-year-old were fascinated by it! It initiated conversation and descriptive language about how it felt and smelt. I dare Mums and Dads not to get in on the messy action too!
Ingredients & Method
- Add 1 cup of Lux Flakes (yep, the soap brand that’s available in supermarkets) into a bucket or tub
- Pour in 1 litre of boiling water
- Gradually add your chosen food colouring
- Toss in some glitter if you want your slime to sparkle!
- Whisk until frothy
- Leave to cool and set
- Once cool, you can give the slime to your kids as is or mix it slightly to give it a more slime-y appearance
For more messy play ideas, you can follow Amy on Instagram @_ecemumma